jueves, 10 de abril de 2008

Other opinions


Last Friday, 28th March, we walked up Guaza Mountain. It was a different experience where our students could enjoy a day in Nature realizing, at the same time, what effects human actions have on environment.
The objectives of this out-of-school activity are interdisciplinary and connected with previous and later contents of the different subjects involved in the project.

To Know the richness of our school and its surroundings; to respect and protect them fostering values of peaceful coexistence and protection of our environment are aims every subject has had in mind when elaborating the different didactics units.
Foreign languages 1th of ESO (Compulsory Secondary Education) teachers have designed a unit of work whose final task is the walking of a leaflet where students present Guaza Mountain Natural Park.
Panoramic view over Los Cristianos

They will introduce this area of their neighbourhood giving a minimum of information, as well as, proposing possible activities to do and, what’s really the most important topic, offering some advice in order to respect, protect and preserve this natural protected space.
Here are some comments of our pupils:

“I liked it very much and I learnt different things. The worst thing was it was a very hot day. I also lived the vegetation and the landscape. I could share more things with my teachers and partners” By María Fernanda, 1th B.

“I loved it. It was the first time I walked up Guaza Mountain and it was a cool experience. I laughed a lot and learnt how to name and distinguish many plants that I usually see every day”. By Aylen, 1th B.

No hay comentarios: